TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using this website (“Site”).
1. Who we are and how to contact us
https://www.goodlawsolicitors.co.uk is a site operated by GoodLaw Solicitors LLP (“We”). GoodLaw Solicitors LLP is a limited liability partnership, registered at Companies House (Reg. No. OC424408). GoodLaw Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (registered number 654350). A list of our members is available for inspection at our registered office – 6 The Drive, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 3JA which is also our main trading address. We are VAT Registered and our VAT number is 152 3602 41.
To contact us please email email@example.com or telephone us on 01273 956270.
2. By using our Site you accept these Terms
3. There are other Terms that may apply to you
• Our Acceptable Use Policy
• If you agree to accept our services based on anything set out on our Site, our Terms and Conditions will apply to the services we will provide
4. We may make changes to these Terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 18 May 2018.
5. We may make changes to our Site
We may update and change our Site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities, or to reflect changes in the law.
6. How you may use material on our Site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
7. Do not rely on information on this Site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content of our Site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
8. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
9. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
• We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
• Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions.
If you are a business user:
• We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Site or any content on it.
• We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
use of, or inability to use, our Site, or
use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
• In particular, we will not be liable for:
loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
loss of anticipated savings;
loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
• Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
• If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
10. How we may use your personal information
11. Uploading content to our site
If there is a feature on our Site which allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content which you might upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store, and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties (in accordance with these Terms).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
12. We are not responsible for viruses
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platforms to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attach or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
13. Rules about linking to our Site
• You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
• You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
• You must not establish a link our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
• Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
• We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
• The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
• If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Law and jurisdiction