Sussex: 01273 956270
Surrey: 01252 471211

Court of Protection

When someone loses mental capacity and can no longer manage their own finances their family may have to apply to the Court of Protection to enable them to look after that person’s affairs.

The Court can appoint a ‘Deputy’ to look after the financial affairs of the incapacitated person.

The Deputy

The Deputy, usually a close family member, must always act in the person’s best interests and is supervised by the ‘Office of the Public Guardian’.

A solicitor can act as a professional Deputy if there isn’t a suitable family member to look after the incapacitated person, or if they have complex needs.

Goodlaw’s services:

For more information on how GoodLaw Solicitors can help you in your dealings with the Court of Protection, please contact:-

GoodLaw Solicitors